BROYLES AWARD ANNOUNCES SEMI-FINALISTS
Selection Committee Narrows List to 15
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (November 20, 2023) – The Frank & Barbara Broyles Foundation is pleased to announce the semi-finalists for the 2023 Broyles Award, which honors college football’s top assistant coaches.
The 15 semi-finalists are:
- ALABAMA – Tommy Rees, Offensive Coordinator/QB
- FLORIDA STATE – Adam Fuller, Defensive Coordinator
- GEORGIA – Mike Bobo, Offensive Coordinator/QB
- IOWA – Phil Parker, Defensive Coordinator/Secondaries
- JAMES MADISON – Bryant Haines, Defensive Coordinator/LB
- LOUISVILLE – Ron English, Defensive Coordinator
- LSU – Mike Denbrock, Offensive Coordinator/TE
- MICHIGAN – Sherrone Moore, Offensive Coordinator/OL
- MISSOURI – Kevin Peoples, Defensive Line/Edge
- OHIO STATE – Jim Knowles, Defensive Coordinator/LB
- OREGON – Will Stein, Offensive Coordinator
- PENN STATE – Manny Diaz, Defensive Coordinator/LB
- TEXAS – Pete Kwiatkowski, Defensive Coordinator/OLB
- UCLA – D’Anton Lynn, Defensive Coordinator
- WASHINGTON – Ryan Grubb, Offensive Coordinator/QB
A selection committee of distinguished former head coaches, broadcasters, and a committee representing the Football Writers Association of America narrowed the list of nominees to 15 semi-finalists. Five finalists will be selected from this list. Then an overall winner will be named.
The 2022 Broyles Award winner was Garrett Riley, who was the offensive coordinator at the TCU. Riley is now the offensive coordinator at Clemson University. Previous winners are not eligible to be nominated for the Broyles Award until the completion of three seasons.
The Broyles Award is presented by Oaklawn, Hot Springs, Arkansas. Proceeds from the 2023 Broyles Award support the mission of the Broyles Foundation: to provide a game plan through education, support, and resources to Alzheimer’s caregivers. The Broyles Foundation can be followed on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
About the Broyles Award
The Broyles Award was created in 1996 recognizing Coach Frank Broyles’ legacy of selecting and developing great assistants during his hall of fame career as head coach at Arkansas. You can follow the Broyles Award on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
About the National College Football Awards Association
The Broyles Award is a member of the National College Football Awards Association (NCFAA) which encompasses college football’s most prestigious awards. The NCFAA’s 25 awards have honored more than 800 recipients since 1935. Visit NCFAA.org for more information.
About the Football Writers Association of America
The Football Writers Association of America, founded in 1941, consists of 1,300 men and women who cover college football. The membership includes journalists, broadcasters and publicists, as well as key executives in all the areas that involve the game. The FWAA works to govern areas that include game-day operations, major awards and its annual All-American team. For more information about the FWAA and its award programs, contact Steve Richardson at [email protected].
Located in Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas, Oaklawn is one of the premiere Thoroughbred racetracks in the country since 1904, best known as home of the Arkansas Derby. Oaklawn holds live racing from Dec 8, 2023 to May 4, 2024 and simulcast racing throughout the year.
Founder, Broyles Award
Executive Director, Broyles Award & Foundation