The Spartans have been a rushing machine this season averaging just over 167 yards on the ground per game and have the third most rushing TD’s in the country. The Spartans offensive line has also been great letting up only 18 sacks this season with a running quarterback.
• SJSU has rushed for 200 plus yards in three straight games for the first time since 2005. They now have four games this season with at least 200 for the first time since 2015.’
• The Spartans rushed for 259 yards at UNM (10/14) and 251 yards against Utah State (10/21) and it’s the first time since 2006 the Spartans have back-to-back 250 plus rushing yard games. The Spartans have only failed to hit 100 rushing yards in two games this season. SJSU ran for 267 yards earlier this season against Cal Poly which were the most rushing yards in a game for SJSU since 12/08/20 against Hawai’i when they ran for 288 yards.
• Senior running back Kairee Robinson is averaging 6.48 yards per carry this season which is tops in the MW and 13th in the country. Robinson has a career 2,238 rushing yards which is seventh all-time in SJSU history and has three straight 100 plus yard games.
• Running back Robinson has a rushing touchdown in every game he’s played in this season and his 13 rushing touchdowns are his season high and he is two behind Deoncé Whitaker (2000) and Johnny Johnson, Jr. (1988) who own the SJSU single-season record with 15.
• Running back Robinson now owns the SJSU record with eight consecutive games with a rushing touchdown and his 13 rushing touchdowns are tops in the Mountain West and third in the nation. The SJSU record for most games with a rushing touchdown in a season is 10 by Kenny Jackson (1987).