Sherrone Moore leads one of the nation’s top offenses in 2023. Michigan ranks fifth nationally in scoring offense at 40.7 points per game, and has scored 30+ points in a school record 12 straight games. The Wolverines have also scored 40+ points in five straight Big Ten contests, which ties a Big Ten record.
* The offense has scored 366 points on the season – 25 rushing TDs, 20 receiving TDs and 8 FGs – with 13 different Wolverines scoring touchdowns on offense.
* The offense is averaging 424.2 yards of total offense this season and has surpassed 400 yards in eight of the nine games.
* The Wolverines have the second most efficient passing attack in the country (183.4 rating) and completion percentage (75.1%). The signal callers have completed 175-of-233 passes for 2,314 yards and 20 TD with 4 interceptions.
* The offense is third nationally in fewest tackles for loss allowed (3.22 avg.) and 18th in sacks allowed (1.22 avg.).
* Michigan is the NCAA’s second-most efficient offense on third down, converting 55.6 percent of its opportunities.
* Scored points in 32 of the 36 quarters played this season; tallied points in 23 of 24 quarters in Big Ten play.
* Mentoring the nation’s leading scorer in total points and rushing touchdowns (Blake Corum, 16 Rushing TDs) and the fourth leading receiver in terms of receiving TDs (Roman Wilson, 10 Receiving TDs).
* Quarterback J.J. McCarthy is second in pass efficiency (188.7 rating), third in completion percentage (75.7%) and yards per attempt (10.36 avg.). McCarthy is also 21st in passing TDs (18) and yards per completion (13.68 avg.).
* Michigan is 15th nationally in time of possession, (32:30) and is the nation’s least penalized team.
* The offense has generated 51 plays of 20+ yards: 40 receiving and 11 rushing.